Smart Phones companies with the urge and need to maximize the market share are leaving no stone unturned to make sure that they have best selling products in the every segment. The companies are targeting the consumers in the middle segment by offering them some of the best features from the high end phones and also by making them feel that they are getting the value for money.
Let us have a look at the 5 Smart Phones in the range of 10k-25k
- Nokia Lumia 520:Nokia Lumia probably could be the best Smart Phone that you can get at a price around 10K. Nokia has done extremely well with windows platform and is leaving no stone unturned to capitalize on it in every segment of the market. Nokia Lumia has got stunning looks and comes with a 4inch Display which is extremely could to operate. The phone features a very good 5MP camera which produces extremely good quality pictures. The phone operates on Windows platform which is becoming very popular among the users and is very convenient to use. Moreover the Phone has very good processing speed which lets you do multitasking quite comfortably and also the battery is very good which sustains for a long time. All in all a very good phone to own.
- Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562: This device by Samsung is priced slightly above Nokia Lumia 520 and is also very good phone for people with budget constraints. The phone is Double Sim and comes with a 4 inch screen which is quite comfortable to operate. It runs on Android Platform and offers nice performance along with some great features. The Phone has a 5MP camera which offers good quality pictures and it has 4GB memory which can be expanded up to 32 GB using a card. Apart from all this the phone also has reasonable battery which is sufficient for a day’s usage.
- Nokia Lumia 720: This probably could be one of the best phones in the market and Nokia is looking forward to capture a good size of its lost market with this phone. The Lumia 720 offers great high end features and is really smooth to operate. The phone comes with a 4.3 inch Display and offers great quality sharp display. The Phone has a 6.1MP camera which again offers great quality pictures and also one of the best low light picture experiences. The phone is stuffed with all major features and has good connectivity across off networks. Moreover the battery excellent and offers a great run with complete charge. This is a game changer by Nokia and hope it compel others too to bring out the best in future.
- Samsung Galaxy Grand: This phone by Samsung has been made on the lines of Note. This comes at a reasonable price and offers quite a lot. It comes with a very nice 5 inch display which is quite a big screen which can help you do many things on the phone itself. The phone has 8MP camera which produces good quality pictures. Apart from all this the phone has proven to be good across all networks and has many features to ease the usage. It is a very good choice to make if you are looking for a phone to offer you complete smart phone experience.
- HTC One X: HTC in the recent times have improved quite a lot and have launched a huge range of smart phones in the market. This phone by HTC has done very well for them and has been a success. The phone has 4.7 Inch Screen and runs on Android platform which is customized by HTC team. Moreover the phone has 8MP camera, 16/32GB memory without a card clot and offers great connectivity across all kind of networks. Probably its battery could be the only feature which is not very great but it is not bad either and can easily run through a day with reasonable usage. This could be a choice as HTC is making some great quality phones.
Sony after understanding the need of the market has launched Xperia L in the budget segment and this phone is expected to create some space for Sony in the budget segment market. Let’s have a look at what this phone has to offer.
The design of this phone is not very appealing as such and it sort of has plastic feel when one holds it. It is comfortable in terms of holding it in hand and the curved rear design is easy in hand.
Xperia L has a 4.3 inch Display which offers sharp pictures and works well in outside environment too. Moreover the depth of color is quite good.
This device by Sony operates on Android platform which can be seen as a merit as Android platform is very handy and comfortable to use. Moreover with a huge collection of apps on it, it makes the experience richer in terms of usage and accessibility.
The phone offers good connectivity across all sorts of networks and provides superb 3G experience. Moreover its connectivity with WiFi and Bluetooth is also good.
The phone has 1GB RAM which is very good looking at the specs and the OS and is reasonably fast is operating. It has 8GB internal storage and the memory can be extended up to 32GB using a memory card.
It has an 8MP primary camera which clicks some good quality pictures but the quality can be a bit problem in outdoors and low light.
It also has a front VGA camera which is not great but does solve basic purpose.
Xperia L has a 1750 mAh battery which looking at the specifications looks good. It can let you run the phone for a reasonable amount of time in the day but heavy usage can exhaust the battery early which can be a turn away factor for many users.
The phone looks promising at some aspects but it lacks at others. If only Sony would have worked a bit on the design aspect and on batter this phone could have been one of the major rivals for the other mobile makers. The phone is an average option to go for as other companies are offering some high end features their phones and Sony has not come up with something unique about its phone. All that can be said is the phone could have been better but none the less is it quite a good option for people who want nice specification at a reasonable price.
Samsung after launching its much anticipated Galaxy S4 created a buzz in the market which raised the bar of expectations among the potential customers. This phone was expected to lead the fore front of the high end smart phone market as Samsung made some very smart changes in the way the phone operates. The phone at the launch event was shown to be very much technologically advanced in the market with some great operating features.
Let’s see what the market has to say about the phone after it is available for sale.
As it was known to all that there is not much of design change in the phone and it looks like its predecessor S3. The feel of the phone is hand is good and it is comfortable to hold and operate but the plastic feel of its body if something which could have been better.
There has never been a disappointment with the display capabilities of high end Samsung Phones, so this phone too stands out with its amazing Super HD display which generates great depth in the colors and is perfect to operate in all kind of conditions. Not just the display of the Home Screen but the display while surfing the net and reading anything is great and gives a very clear image and is very much suitable for even longer reading hours.
Featuring a 13MP camera, Galaxy S4 generates great quality picture which are second to none in the market. The camera works great in all conditions be in inside or outside and with some superb new features it is altogether a fun experience to use the camera on this device.
The phone uses latest version of Android platform and as usual it works just fine of this phone. There are not many changes in the interface but earlier problems are done away with and it is even more convenient and easy to use.
This category does not lag behind in the promises made by the company and they have added some real smart features. The phone has eye tracker feature which pause the video when eye is not focused on screen, it also features smart reading feature which turns pages on the movement of eye and there are many other features too.
S4 uses a 2600 mAh battery which looking the configurations on the phone appears to be good for a reasonable usage but this is certain that the battery many not be as good as Note 2’s battery. There is not a very big problem though and it can last up to reasonable time.
Overall S4 Appears to be the most powerful Android Device and looks like that the features in this phone can compel other mobile makers also to come up with something to match with the standards. The pricing has been done looking at the market standards and looks like this phone will have a great success in the near future.
Smart Phone market is quite a huge one and with the variety of needs and customers adding themselves to the market, the phone makers have evolve very well by targeting each and every nook of the market with just the right product at the right price. These days budget is no problem to get a smart phone as there are various companies which are offering the right product to the customers with low budget.
Let’s have a look at the various options that one has under 7k for the Smart Phone.
- XOLO A500: XOLO is having quite a successful run in the lower end of the market and is delivering real value for money to the budget customers. This phone comes with a 4 inch touch display screen and used Android OS. The phone has 512 RAM and 4GB ROM which is extendable. Apart from all this the camera has 5MP camera which offers nice quality pictures. All in all the phone is a good options as the overall performance is very good and battery stands for quite a long time which could be quite a lot in the price at which it comes.
- Nokia Asha 501: The newly launched Nokia device is another attempt of the company to re-capture its lost share. The company has done justice with this phone keeping in mind the price at which it is available. The phone features a 3 inch Display and works on the new Asha platform developed by Nokia. Asha 501 comes with a 3.2 MP camera, has a 4GB card which can be extended till 32 GB and also the battery is quite good. All in all a good phone from a great company.
- Micromax Ninja A89: Micromax has done exceptionally well in the low budget segment and has captured most of the market share. This device by micromax is real value for money. The phone has a 4inch display and operated on Android platform. Moreover the phone features a nice 3MP camera and has 2 GB internal memory which can be extended up to 32 GB. It uses a 1450 mAh battery which is quite sufficient to keep the phone running for a long time.
- Samsung Galaxy Music DUOS: A nice and smart looking phone from Samsung. This comes with a 3 inch screen and also runs on Android Platform. Apart from this the phone has 3MP camera but the real quality of phone lies in its ability to play music. The device is stuffed with smart features to elevate your music experience and give you a new feel altogether.
- Lava Iris N400: The last is the list and this is also a very nice phone to have. It comes with a 4 Inch Display screen and also runs on Android Platform. This has a very good camera of 5MP which generates quite clear pictures and has all latest features which ensures a good experience.
These are the phones which a user can buy considering the budget. More or less all are at par with each other barring a feature or 2.
Facebook has launched quite a lot of Apps for smart phones and they have been quite successful in capturing attention of users as Facebook is an integral part of their lives. The latest addition in the flock is Facebook Home which has not captured interest of many as of now but it also may have a good run in future.
Features of Facebook Home
Facebook Home is an app which makes access to a few things on Facebook even easier than before. This app has the capability to replace your default home screen of your phone and set it to Facebook Home. Doing so will let you access posts and pictures on Facebook quite easily. This app also has a feature which lets you use the Facebook chat along with the other apps which makes it quite easy as usage. The app at a superficial level looks good but not many users are using it.
Not that the app has got all to its merits but there are many demerits too which can be the reason why this app is not having a successful run in the app market. The app looks cluttered as in when the chat is open with other apps the switching is difficult and takes a lot of time slowing the complete phone. Apart from this when the access to Facebook is on all the time and it consumes a lot of battery which is a major problem and reason to hold you back from using this app. Moreover constant updates and posts likes which will appear on one’s phone can be irritating as they will keep coming as and when anything happens on Facebook. Looking at all these reasons it appears Facebook has to work a lot many factors if they wish to make this app a successful one.
Overall the app is okay but not good as the other apps are from Facebook, as it poses a lot of problem in operating and consumes a lot of battery but looking at the merits the app gives a good control over the contents such as posts and pictures which could be useful to people who wants to use the app all the time.
Screenshot is a quick way of saving the complete Information or Image which is displayed on the screen of your computer or laptop. Screenshot can be helpful for a person as a person can quickly take and save the screenshot and can see it exactly the same later on. It can be very useful when a person has to save a webpage and send that to someone through any mean like E-mail or Bluetooth etc.
Let’s learn how to take a screenshot.
- The quickest way to take a screen shot is to open the window of which you wish to take the screen shot.
- Once the window is active all you have to do is press PrtSc button from keyboard or press Fn+PrtSc depending on the way it works on your system.
- Once you have done this, open Paint application on your system.
- Press ctrl+V or right click mouse button and select paste option from it.
- After doing the above step the Screenshot will be on the screen in Paint Application, which can be edited and cropped as per user’s requirement.
- After this is done, click on file in Paint and from the drop down menu select Save As option and select the format in which you wish to save the file. Name the file and select the desired location where you want to save it on system and click on save.
There is one more way using which the user can take a screen shot.
- Click on Start button on the taskbar.
- Select Snipping Tool from the menu.
- In the New option in Snipping Tool select any shape in which you would like to take the screen shot.
- Select the area of which you wish to take a snapshot moving the cursor.
- Once you leave the cursor after selecting the area a new window will automatically open with the screenshot of the selected area.
- This can now be saved by clicking on save option.
These are the 2 quick way of taking a Screenshot and saving them. Once they are saved in image format they can be used as image anywhere, they can be sent to anyone with a mail attachment etc.
VOIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol) is a way using which someone can communicate over computer or laptop using Internet. This whole system works in a way which lets you make video calling, sending SMS conducting a session for multiple users etc. The basic principle on which this complete process works is that it converts in the analog signals into digital and transmits them over to other user/s over internet and lets everyone communicate in a very smooth manner.
These are few ways using which anyone can use VOIP Service.
- ATA- Analog Telephone Adapter is one of the simplest way using which a person can use VOIP service. All you have to do is get an ATA and connect it to a computer with active internet connection. ATA Converts the analog signal from the traditional phone into Digital and transmits them over the Internet. Using ATA is very simple and setting it up on computer is even simpler which gives the freedom to use this service conveniently.
- IP Phones- These are simple looking phones but the difference is that they don’t have a connecting port as it is in phones which are widely used, they have a port which can be connected to Ethernet port over computer and by having an active internet connection it can be used.
- Computer- Using Voip over computer can be the cheapest way. All one has to do is to install a software which supports VOIP and using that software one can easily make video calls, send SMS, conduct sessions etc without any cost. You must ensure that using this method would require a headphone with active microphone so that you can transmit your voice too. There are many softwares which are available n the market which supports free calling. Some of them are CISCO IP Communicator, AOL instant Messenger, Blink etc.
There is no doubt about the capabilities of VOIP and how easy it can make life without much cost. Using VOIP big corporate can coordinate among their associates in various places, it helps people to talk to each other without using a phone and paying high bills. The way various companies are working on this technology it appears that in future there will be more convenience, better operations and all this will come at a very low expense.
Mp3 and Mp4 are 2 different types of formats which supports different files. Majority of Music, Videos and Audio files are in a format which is one out of these. Since they are different formats they use different players to be played upon or a player which supports all sort of formats in which such files can be saved and stored.
Let’s have a look at the differences between these 2.
- Technology- Mp3 is a format which only supports audio files, which means that is a file is Mp3 then it will not have any images or video attached to it; it will just be an audio file. Mp4 format is the one which not only supports the Audio files but also supports images and videos.
- Functioning- Since a Mp3 player only supports the audio file it does not have any display and even if it has one it is a very small display which only shows the name of playing song but Mp4 player has a bigger LCD display as a person using it will also have the option of watching the videos on it. Apart from this the Mp3 player gives you option just to listen to either a song ahead or behind the playing song at one click but in Mp4 player because of its LCD screen you can select any random song and play it,
- File Support- A Mp3 player will support only .mp3, .wma or .ogg format files whereas mp4 player supports a huge range of file formats which include the above 3 and .wav, .jpeg, .avi, .asf etc.
- Battery- The battery of both the players are good and can easily give one a back up of close to 10-12 hours with majority of brands.
- Price- The price for both the players are very close in most of the cases but then it is advisable to buy an Mp4 player as it has better functioning and has more features.
These are the basic differences which a person will find in all the Mp3 and Mp4 players. There are a lot of companies which offers both the players but then Mp4 players are much more in trend as we have already said they have better functioning and extended features make them desirable. No matter which you want to buy just do a proper research and analyze your needs properly before spending the money on any of the player.
HTML is the language in which the web pages are written and if a person wants to take a print
directly of that it is not possible as it does not have a print setting attached to it. To avoid such
problem and keep the web page for reading later on one can convert it into PDF format which
provides a better interface to read and access the page.
To convert HTML to PDF, there are various softwares available in the market and also there are
few online converter options.
How do the online converter works:
Open the web page that you want to convert into PDF
Copy the address of the web page from the address bar.
Open any online converting site and paste the copied address in the given space for URL
Click on convert option and it will automatically start converting the Web page.
Either the converter will automatically download the file on your computer or it will give
you an option to download or it might also send it to your E-mail Id.
The few options which one can use to convert HTML into PDF files are
Total HTML Converter
There are various softwares also which can be downloaded and used to convert HTML into
How do softwares works:
1. Install the software on your computer/laptop.
2. Open the software and in that there will be a space to enter the URL of the web page
which you want to convert into PDF.
3. Few softwares provide you with different options like convert in PDF with selectable
text option or Convert into PDF with embedded images or just a image file. The user can
check mark the desired option.
4. Click on convert and then the file conversion will start.
Both the methods are simple to use and works just great. You can select any way to convert the
files and then use then as PDF which can be accessed using any PDF reader.
Compressing is a technique which can make the size of bigger files smaller. By using the
compression tool one can easily manage the limited space more effectively and can have more
data stored on computer/Laptop.
There are various means and ways to compress a file and make it into a smaller size. Here are
few ways which a person can use for compression.
1. Use windows to compress files.
- Put all the files into a folder which you want to get compressed.
- Right click mouse on the folder and select Send To option from the menu.
- Select Compressed (Zipped) Folder option from that and the file will start compressing.
Using this does not reduce the size very much but it can save a bit of space.
2. Using Compressing softwares: There are various softwares available which can be used
to compress the larger files.
- Download and Install the software.
- Select all the files and put them together in a folder.
- Right Click Mouse on the folder and select the name of the software which has been
installed for compression from that one can select the option saying add to ZIP File
- After clicking on it, a menu will open, in which one can select where the file is to be
saved after Zipping, do the original files has to be replaced, various compression option
like best compression or maximum compression etc can be selected.
- After doing this click on Add option and doing so will start compressing the file and
adding it to a zip folder which would be of a reduced size.
The various software one can use are:
These software may have other customization options too which can assist users in
compressing huge files into very small size. A user may select a software as per the needs.